At Northwest Mothers Milk Bank, our team is critical to our success. We seek energetic and passionate people to join our staff! We provide a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing nonprofit organization that impacts the health of infants in the Pacific Northwest.
Northwest Mothers Milk Bank is a community-based nonprofit human milk bank affiliated with the Human Milk Banking Association of North America (HMBANA). We serve hospitals and families in Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and beyond.
NWMMB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Available positions are posted below.
If you meet the qualifications for a posted position, please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are a strong candidate to email@example.com. Please respect the staff and their work at NWMMB and do not call or contact individual staff members directly.
Milk Processing Technician - posted 7.2.21
Northwest Mothers Milk Bank is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented person to join our team! This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing not-for-profit organization that impacts the health of infants in our communities.
The Milk Processing Technician’s primary job responsibility is to perform and assist with all steps of the milk pasteurization process.
As a key member of the Milk Processing Team the position responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and maintaining clear, accurate records of all phases of milk processing
- Guiding student-interns and volunteers in appropriate steps in milk processing
- Ensuring that safe and accurate evidence-based, milk processing procedures are met as guided by the Human Milk Banking Association of North America, Guidelines for Processing of Donor Milk
- Working independently and as part of the team to accurately and efficiently process milk assigned on each processing day
- Performing intake of raw milk deposits and assists with freezer organization system for raw milk storage
- Preparation and sanitizing of all equipment used in the milk pasteurization process
- Following established methods to execute all steps of milk processing
- Stocking and re-stocking of processing area with necessary supplies and equipment at the start and end of each day
- Maintaining a safe, clean, and sanitary work area
This position is full-time, 36-40 hours weekly, medical, dental and retirement benefits.
Hourly wage at $15 -$16/hr, based on experience.
Applicant qualifications that are essential:
- High school diploma
- Oregon food handler’s card
- Able to stand and maintain and active pace for several sustained hours
- Able to lift 40lbs
- Embraces both independent and collaborative team work
- Possesses basic computer knowledge skills
Applicant qualifications that are strongly preferred
- Associate or bachelor’s degree
- Technical experience in laboratory practice, biological research, or food processing
- Work experience in health care, a laboratory environment, or food processing
The start date for this position is immediate. We look forward to receiving your resume and letter prior to Friday, July 16th to be considered for this position.
Working at NWMMB is uplifting and inspiring, giving you purpose to each workday. The team comes together for the common goal and passion of helping these vulnerable, precious lives. This place of work is truly something special; it fosters personal and team growth, and most importantly, everyone is each other’s biggest cheerleader.